Based in Vancouver (Canada), we mentor, accelerate and incubate innovative domestic and global business ideas. We work with both aspiring and driven entrepreneurial leaders capable of building outstanding startups that enhance the prosperity of the chosen ecosystem.
At the heart of it all, we deliver proven and powerful training, tools, mentorship and networking that leverages a state-of-the-art digital learning and workspace, paired with ongoing in-person and collaborative opportunity and workspace.
We are looking for an experienced entrepreneur or intrapreneur, and/or individual with proven business experience to join our Startup Leader team and actively mentor, coach, monitor and connect a dynamic and diverse group of transnational entrepreneurs in our Startup Visa Incubator.
As a Startup Leader your focus will be on assisting founders navigate their startup journey in Canada using a Lean Startup approach, while leveraging both a digital and in-person workspace. This means road-mapping and mentoring ventures ranging from ideation stage through till early scaling. Specific jobs to be done include supporting founders through validation experiments, prototyping, asset development, initial offer building, and aligning and connecting founders to key partners within Empowered Startups extensive network. Supporting the continued growth and opportunity to be found within our network, will also be critical.
On a daily basis you will also be responsible for assisting in tracking Empowered Startups’ Vancouver based incubator’s portfolio of active ventures, and maintaining up-to-date reporting on all venture activity to be shared regularly with the leadership team and other requesting bodies.
Your goal is to ensure high quality and timely coaching, mentorship and networking is being delivered to all ventures in the incubator providing all founders with the best chance at success with their startup in Canada.
The ideal candidate will be a project oriented, self-leader who can pro-actively problem solve and identify jobs-to-be-done. You should enjoy working in a multi-cultural landscape, love to coach and connect people, and be driven to seek out success for both yourself and others.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organize and execute welcome and strategic planning sessions for incoming founders
- Effectively coach and mentor all assigned ventures through a Lean startup framework during a two year incubation period
- Build and maintain a regular and timely mentorship schedule using both our digital and in-person workspace
- Maintain up-to-date reporting on all ventures progress
- Support and finalize academic research deals
- Help founders effectively utilize Empowered’s network of business, research and prototyping affiliates
- Actively contribute to the growth of Empowered’s network
- Provide recommendations and support to founders in building business updates as requested by concerned bodies
- Discover and implement ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of job-to-be-done within the incubator
- Support ongoing development of expanded and cutting-edge curriculum and events
- Keep senior leadership informed with detailed and accurate reporting
- A post-secondary degree
- Proven track record in business leadership, intrapreneurship, and/or entrepreneurship
- Experience Coaching, mentoring and/or facilitating
- Experience and/or deep passion working in a multi-cultural environment
- Desire to learn, and love for system implementation and project management
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in a dynamic environment with a high level of responsibility
- Self-leader and problem solver
- Able to work full time in our office space in downtown Vancouver, Canada